* Why Your Recycling Must be Clean - Article on what happens when recycling is contaminated by putting items not listed as accepted for curbside recycling are mixed in the cart. Because of contamination the DPW must enforce current bylaws which include fines for non-conformance.
* Check out the Solid Waste Information Mailer tab to the left for the annual curbside calendar and other important information
* Recycling Center permits can now be purchased via telephone by calling the DPW office during business hours. Click the sidebar link for more information
* Recycling can not be put in bags as the automated sorting process can't open the bag. Bagged recycling will be processed as trash and prohibited per Town bylaw 151-7
* Recycling Center Open Tuesday 12-3 (April through November), Friday and Saturday 8-3
* Cash is not accepted at the Recycling Center. Payments can be made by check, credit or debit card (Visa or Mastercard).
* The town’s new needle/syringe disposal kiosk has been relocated to the lobby of the DPW office at 257 Fisher Street. The kiosk will be available to residents during normal DPW business hours.
* Check sidebar link for How and What to Recycle for detailed information on what is acceptable and where it can go. Now with expanded oil collection also including cooking, deep fry oil and Tiki torch oils!
* Now Online the New and Improved Franklin Bylaws Regarding Trash and Recycling - Putting trash (including any bags) in the recycling cart is a fine up to $100; Hazardous Materials and TV, Air Conditioners, etc - $300
* Think Green Website including Teachers Resources and Recycling Facility Video now available - click sidebar link.
Keep the carts 3 feet apart for collection - the arm needs to get around them
Check out WM.com for additional information on our solid waste solutions such as Medical waste, Bagster, Compact Fluorescent, Construction Debris and more
Waste Management Customer Service: 800-972-4545
Curbside collection of household trash, recycling, and yard waste is provided by Waste Management
Mission: The responsibilities of the Solid Waste Division includes management of waste and recycling, waste reduction initiatives, and management of the Beaver Street Recycling Center.